Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa applicants must:
- – be sponsored by a person who is an approved parent sponsor
- – be at least 18 years of age
- – be outside Australia (unless invited in writing to apply by the Department), for at least 90 days if the applicant holds or has previously held a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa
- – not have engaged in payment for visas conduct
- – provide evidence of access to funds
- – provide evidence of health insurance
- – not have an outstanding public health debt (unless appropriate arrangements have been made to repay the debt)
- – satisfy health, character, and national security requirements.
Unlike permanent Parent visas, there is no Balance of Family Test requirement for this visa, meaning a visa applicant is not required to have more than half of their children residing in Australia.