February 7th, 2018
Another very small round of invitations overnight for the 7th February.
Our observations include that :
– Total invites look again at around 300
– As we predicted back on 17th January, Accountants invitations have ground to a halt with the inclusion of other visa categories in the 4785 ceiling
– Auditors look like they have been artificially lowered for this round (we have not seen any yet). We presume as they were taking too big a percentage of the total invitations. Or there were a number of wasted/fake invites
– ICT Business/System Analysts look like they have been artificially lowered for this round (we have not seen any yet). We presume as they were taking too big a percentage of the total invitations. Or there were a number of wasted/fake invites
We continue to stick by our comments in mid January that the reduced number of invites (likely 300 this round) are a combination of :
– New Zealand citizens taking up around 12000 of the 189 visa places this program year
– DIBP/DHA having a 6 months backlog of cases that they can use to meet their 43990 program target and so reduce the backlog for the possible visa changes in later this year.
We expect the invitation numbers to be 1000 or more per round from July onwards based on these being short term artificial limiters.
For those who have applied as Accountants we will shortly receive the results of our Freedom of Information request on last years Accountant places in the other 489,186,187 and 190 visa categories. This will allow us to confirm or otherwise that DIBP/DHA have in effect got close to if not reached the 189 invitations for Accountants for the rest of the 2017/18 program year.
Anyhow on to our February 7th results –
To produce our results we collect data from our own clients, online forums, other online sources, and feedback from our facebook and newsletter followers. As well as using mathematical logical assumptions we know in the past to be correct.
If you aware of any more recent invites for any of these occupations please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with some details so that we can see if this table can be updated over the next 24-48 hours.