February 11th, 2019
Here are Iscah’s latest estimates of how long we think you will have to wait for a 189 invitation from TODAY – 11th February 2019. Depending on when you lodged your EOI, what the effect date is and the occupation.
These may not turn out to be DoHA settings, we are just trying to give a rough estimate in this age of uncertainty. If their policies change .. WE WILL CHANGE OUR ESTIMATES ACCORDINGLY
Our main assumptions are based on
– We think DOHA invited around 600 invites in February 2019
– We always go with DOHA’s numbers going forward until they give evidence they will change – so 600 now for March, April, May and June 2019
– These numbers to be split 60% for Pro rata occupations and 40% for Non pro rata occupations
– From July 2019 we are estimating back to 2500 per round on average and the Occupational Ceilings for each occupation (again until we hear something different)
– In the last round even with limited Accountant invites (maybe around 72) it just about cleared those at 85 points. So if it remains like that it means we do not need an estimate for 85 pointers.. they will all be invited each month. We may add this figure next month
– we have factored in the wasted invite figures although this will have a lesser effect with reduced invites per round
These estimates are heavily influenced by the number of invitations that DoHA issue each round, the limitations against some of the pro rata occupations, and a number of other factors listed here – http://www.iscah.com/use-189-eoi-predictions/
You are also welcome to email us to firstname.lastname@example.org asking us when you will get your invite with the following information
– Points Score
– EOI effect date
and we will give you our current estimate.
Please send all questions to email@example.com as it is too difficult to see them on the FB thread system.
(As a footnote we have passed on all our research information about wasted invitations to DOHA policy. Our main two recommendations are that EOIs should last 5 years or more so that there is no incentive to put in multiple invites through worrying their 2 year EOI may expire. And that EOIs be limited to one per verified passport number.)